- I reminded myself that depression lies, because it does.
- My new mantra was “Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”
- I write this mantra on myself every single time I have to get onstage or do a book reading. “Pretend you’re good at it.” I’d like to think that one day I’ll be able to leave off the “pretend,” but for now pretending works just fine
- One of the best things you can do as a parent is to realize that your child is nothing like you, and everything like you.
- What the shit we’re doing. Hell, there are probably people out there right now who consider us to be shiny people (bless their stupid, stupid hearts) and that’s pretty much proof that none of our brains can be trusted to accurately measure the value of anyone, much less ourselves.